Google Custom Search enables you to create a search engine for your website, your blog, or a collection of websites.
- Display Link
- Meta Tags
Add from Manager
The Google Custom Search Connector is available in the Connectors Manager in the top ribbon:
Head over to the SEO Category and install:
Creating an Engine
The easiest way to get started with Custom Search is to create a basic search engine using the Control Panel.
- Click "Add" if you don't have a previously created engine:
- Specify your preferences such as sites to search, language etc. You can add any of the following sites:
- Individual pages: www.example.com/page.html
- Entire site: www.mysite.com/
- Parts of site: www.example.com/docs/
- Entire domain: *.example.com
- Click "Control Panel". On the next page, click "Search Engine Id". Copy the Id and paste in the Connectors Settings:
- Next, visit this page, scroll down and click on "GET A KEY" button:
- Select your project from the drop-down menu. Click next and copy the key after it is created:
- Finally, copy the key and paste it in the Connector settings:
This connector suite is open-sourced on GitHub.