The Indexing API allows any site owner to directly notify Google when pages are added or removed. This allows Google to schedule pages for a fresh crawl, which can lead to higher quality user traffic.
Update - Notify Google of a new URL to crawl or that content at a previously-submitted URL has been updated.
Remove - After you delete a page from your servers, notify Google so that we can remove the page from our index and so that we don't attempt to crawl the URL again.
To use the Connector you need an account connected to Google.
- The Connector is located under the SeoTools main under the SEO category. Click on 'Sign in with Google':
Creating your own app
These steps are recommended because you will have your own rate limit which means more daily requests.
- In the Google API Console, click "Create Credentials"
- Chose "Oauth Client ID"
- Chose "Desktop App"
- Chose a name and create the app
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret
- Open GoogleIndexing.xml, located in the folder "Connectors" in the SeoTools install directory
- Paste the Client ID and Client Secret to the empty attributes in the tag GoogleOAuth2Authenticator at the top
- In SeoTools, chose "Reload Settings" under Settings
- Open up the Google Indexing connector, sign out then sign in again and authenticate your own app.
This connector suite is open-sourced on GitHub.