There’s two ways of using/installing SeoTools:
Method A: On Demand
Using this method I add SeoTools functionality every time I need it in a Excel session.
- After you’ve downloaded the correct version unzip SeoTools_X.X.zip to a directory of your choice.
- Now open a Excel spreadsheet that you want to work with.
- Then either:
- Open the SeoTools.xll (Opening XLL plugins in Excel “augments” the current session)...
- …or drag&drop SeoTools.xll directly on the Excel spreadsheet your working on. (Note that you must unzip, dragging the xll file directly from the zip file won’t work at all.)
- You now get a security message. Click the button to the left that says “Enable this add-in for this session only”.
- Now your have all SeoTools functions in your Excel environment. In your Ribbon you should see a “SeoTools” tab. Note that you must perform these steps every time you open a Excel document where your want to use the SeoTools.
Method B: Permanent Installation
You can also permanently include SeoTools in all Excel sessions by (Excel 2010): File -> Options -> Add-Ins -> Manager:
Excel Add-ins + Go -> Browse -> Select SeoTools.xll.
Note that when upgrading SeoTools from an older version, you may need to remove the previous version under “Add-ins”. Just overwriting the directory isn’t enough. Double check that your get the desired version by running