Note: Scrapers has been replaced by Connectors from version 5.0.
Retrieve metrics like number of views and likes for a YouTube video as a formula in Excel.
To use the YouTube scraper you need an API key from the Google developer console.
- Go to the Google Developers Console.
- Select a project, or create a new one.
- In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. In the list of APIs, make sure the status is ON for the YouTube Data API v3.
- In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials.
- Use API key next to Public API access.
For additional instructions see Obtaining authorization credentials for YouTube Data API.